Wednesday 1 October 2008

Blessed birthday(S)


Warning: Super long post.


Thanks to all my beloved family and friends, I had X5 days of celebrations for my 23rd bday.

Celebration #1: 19th Sept, Friday: IMU gang.

Had Nando's for lunch on Friday. Guess what, Ming (expected), XinYin (pushing it larh that gal!), SuAnn (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) had extra hot peri peri!! Wat dah... and there was once in Glasgow where SuAnn said (dengan offended-nya)


Su Ann: "huh! How can you compare my threshold to Ah Fhern's??!!"


So ouch!! Luckily i had Kah Yee there. So Kah Yee (my gang) + sore throat= Lemon and Herb. As for me, I regained my dignity by, at least, uplifting myself to Mild Peri-peri.



Sweet surprise: Our birthday celebration was made sweeter by our gifted Su Ann's handmade clay-cupcakes =)


After lunch, I told everyone that I felt like eating Baskin Robbins. So the rest was like... "ohhh!". After we left Nando's, XinYin pretended to be on the phone, followed by excusing herself to go meet her friends for a while. Since Kah Yee and SuAnn were left with me and Ming, they guided the way. But they conveniently bypassed Baskin Robbins. HEY!!!! As if me and Ming aren't MidValley experts larh!!!


We went straight to the cinema floor, where they again, conveniently marched towards La Manila.


Cake-cutting at La Manila: Thanks darlings! Really touched by the hang-out. =)

Plan blew #1: XinYin was caught ordering cakes in La Manila.


- so I wanted to go tease Xinyin by asking if her friend works La Manila. Kah Yee (taekwando black-belt) pulled me back.


Plan blew #2: When we were seated at the table, a frail, spoiler Malay waitress came and said "u want the cake now?"



Have to act surprised: Thanks to miss. spoiler-waitress.


So there you go. Our not-so-surprising-yet-still-heart-warming bday celebration by Xinyin, Suann and Kahyee. Thanks dears!

Celebration #2: 20th Sept, Saturday: Family and relatives.
I celebrated with parents, relatives and cousins. Mom bought me a Black Forest cake from Nikko Hotel. Thanks to my cousin who works as a banquet manager there, we get all Nikko cakes at staff price! *evil grin* We had a simply dinner with relatives from mom's side, like our usual saturday outings for dinner followed by coffee-sessions at my place. Friends who know my family well will understand the indisputable relationship between us & coffee. After that, we had a simply cake-cutting session.


I'm sooooo greedy: I was wishing KUAT KUAT during cake-cutting, so much so that family lost patience and said "faster blow the candle larh!"



One big happy family (minus bro): Thanks daddy mommy!

All the girls in one pic! From left: Samantha (cousin); mommy; Yee Mah (mom's sister); Kao Mou; me; & poh poh.


Celebration #3: 21st Sept: Dear dear's parents.
I celebrated birthday with dear dear’s parents. Coincidently, his father’s birthday is on the 22nd Sept, just one day before mine. For the past years, we’ve been combining both celebrations. But this is the first year with dear’s absence. It felt comfortable, until Aunty gave me my bday pressie: TAh DAHHHHHH!!


What a big surprise: Not only it's pink, but it also has a PINK SHINNY RIBBON on its ear! Apparently the giftshop-uncle encouraged her to get a bearbear for a 23 year old.... hhhhhhhhm..... Nevertheless, it's really comfy... geh....

We had seafood for dinner: Alaskan king crab, mantis prawn and soon-hock fish. After that, both me and uncle shared a Nikko's strawberry cheesecake as our birthday cake. We skyped with dear dear for about 1 hour, followed by L.I.V.E. cake-cutting session with his virtual-presence.

(to be continued.....)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo yo yo pf my dear!

you had 5X celebration!!!

so blessed!

how are things going on for you?

Thai Trip a blast? put up more photos pls!!!

Xin- xxx

Anonymous said...

the teddy bear...
i also dun have ah...
My mum really likes you lah...