Saturday 11 October 2008

Blessed birthdays (continued)

22nd Sept midnight: Tonnes of calls and messages poured in. Thanks ppl. MWAHHHHH.

23rd Sept (actual day): Birthday celebration #4: Meeting up with Hazel and Angeline.


Thanks Hazel: She gave me a really cute birthday-bear. Thanks gal. *hugz*

I had early dinner (supposed to be tea, actually) with Hazel. She was so sweet to have came from BoonX2's (Hazel's honey) place in Klang to wish my birthday. I had no plans on that day as everyone pre-celebrated with me. In fact, I was supposed to leave for Muar on my birthday night, as there will be a prayers ceremony on the following day to commemorate the 100th day since Grandma's passing away. So I went on with the plan . Minus the part that I waited for her for 1.5 hours reading my Last Empress of China, the meeting was fun la. Later, Angeline even joined us for a short chit chat.




From left: Hazel, Me, Angeline.




30th Sept: Birthday celebration #5: 5* Fine-dining experience in Baan Rim Pa restaurant, Phuket.
We enjoyed the most authentic Thai food overlooking Patong Beach as the restaurant was located above the cliff. LyeKhuan, PeiShan, WenYan and Chris were so sweet to have suggested a sunset-dining as my belated birthday celebration (but was on dutch ... larhhh.....) Well it LyeKhuan's idea initially as she stumbled upon a website that highly recommended sunset-dining in Phuket. It was supposed to be another restaurant that carries the white-theme. But dunno what happened larh..... we couldn't reach the restaurant despite countless calling-attempts. Thanks to Miss Thidarat of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, we were suggested to make a reservation at this restaurant instead.

Check this out!























Before sunset: We were chauffer-driven to the restaurant. The waitress sort of gave up on asking us for drinks orders after being turned down several times as we were busy cam-whoring.



Baan Rim Pa lived up to its name of "home of the cliff" as the restaurant took the setting of the previous holiday-home of its American owner. That night, we simply enjoyed the Patong beach's calming breeze and romantic candle lights. It was a classical example of great food & good company (albeit the extremely small serving). Price was also pure-classic: What do you expect from a restaurant who charges small soup-bowl-sized of green curry for 320Baht; while fried noodle for 250Baht; and mineral water for 45Baht??????? What were were thinking la since most of the clients there were mat-salehs????


Chris's 3rd shot on the 2sec-timer: Thanks chris =)



Ultimate Cam-whore skills: Lye Khuan looks like fish from this angle.....





Alcohol taking-effect: From left, WenYan (ooo.... you face looks so small!), Pei Shan (thinks she released her pouty-lips), Me (after my strawberry margarita), and LyeKhuan (who... really... is usually not like this. And yet she claims that her pinna colada has ZERO alcohol!)

Thanks everyone for giving me such a special 23rd bday celebrations. I love ya all lotssss!!! *mwahhhhh* Just when I thought I'm the luckiest girl around, Dear dear's bday card which took-4weeks-to-arrive has finally arrived!! It was 4pm when I saw the card in my post box. Just when I was reading it, his call came. I mean.. what are the odds??????!!! I spent the rest of day/night grinning at the card. Thanks dear. Although this is the first year that I'm spending birthday without your physical presence, but you'll always have a place in my heart.

Virtual presence: Really lovely birthday card from Dear dear. that's two super-fat elephant couple with a....... M.O.U.S.E.?? (Yeah... I screamed to him)


Birthday messages that kept me grinning all night long.... (mom shook her head; dad was speechless)
I'm really lucky to have such sweet family, friends and partner. God bless ya all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*wink* sorry again for the late cos my bf's bro really got something to do b4 tat and i knew tat u understand d traffic in KL(~5pm).Anyway i manage to pass u d pressie,tho it's not tat EXP but really wish2bring u joy n luck (pray4good posting ya) =)
Hope to see u soon and take care =) *hugs*