Thursday 19 June 2008

3rd Day: Granny I miss u

Today is the 3rd day of my vegetarian-fulfillment to bring me closer to God, so that he answers to my prayers for Ah Mah's journey to heaven.

Yeah I know. I used to have the image of being a highly-adaptable omnivore because I eat practically everything edible (except frogs in which the Chinese people adores... and internal organs larh) in V.O.L.U.M.E!! Let's see, this is me below:-


Since I wasn't able to attend Ah Mah's funeral, I figured that this was the least I could do judging from how non-religious I am. I'm the type of budak-celaka who only prays to God when I last-minutely finished flipping through my module notes only 2 hours before exams. That's the time I'll start to communicate with Him. Sometime I doubt he hears me.

Phuay Fhern: Dear God Dear God. Please hear my prayers. Please let me sail through the questions in BioPharm/ CPP/ FMT/ PharmCare/ Advanved Drug Discovery/Drug Delivery system/ VIVA interview bla bla bla. I'll promise to be good to my parents, family, Wai Meng, and all my loved ones. I'll promise to change my temper. I'll promise to eat less. I'll be a good person. I'll even pity the beggars on the street. Thank you god.

(on good Days) God: Ok larh. I'll grant your wish.

That's when I get surprisingly flying colours in exams where my brother will say that I'm such a lucky as*h**e. Hey I had that for 70% of the semesters in the entire course ok? No cheating one!

(on normal Days when God realised that I'm a lousy-follower) God: ............ (he dun wan to peduli me!)

That's when I get what I truly deserved for being such last-minute student.

But God, I'm now sincerely praying to you here to guide my Ah Mah's journey to heaven.

Phuay Fhern: Dear God. Please hear my most sincere prayers for my beloved deceased Ah Mah. I'm not able to be with her during the most unbearable moments of her live. I will understand that it was Your mercy which relieved her from the pain and complications due to her septicaemia. All I ask from you, is to make her journey to heaven and reunion with my grandfather, as easy as possible. God, please lead her for she's new to Your place. God, please let her have the peace of mind to stay with you and my Grandpa. God, please bless my Ah Mah's afterlife so that she stays painless and happy. I hope you hear my prayers. Thank you.

This is all I can do as I'm not familiar with any rituals at all, and added by the fact that I'm thousands of miles away from the prayers ceremony in Muar, Johor. As such, I'll continue being a vegetarian and praying to You til the day of her burial on Saturday.

I love you, Ah Mah. Rest in peace.

No comments: