Saturday 17 November 2007

My baking/sinful Attempts

As a result of not being able to execute my previous days habits of dropping-by-Secret-Recipe as wished, the only way to cure my itch/urge/nafsu is to.. Make it myself!!!



SHEPHERD'S PIE (LAMB): accompanied by Ally's healthy salad and Fionna's lovely tiramisu!
This "feast" was during dear's stay in Glasgow in around end of Oct. Oh, not to forget M&S Irish Coffee which everyone adored to the max, but sadly not me.

Opinion: seriously think that the super-kao milk chocolate could have tasted better w/o the liquor. Or is it because we did not add ice into it?




GUILTFREE DARK CHOC CAKE topped with DARK CHOC GLAZING
Dear dear and SorEng were there baking with me, and so they can be my witness: there's only 3 tablespoons of butter in the entire cake. Erm... dark choc is .... slimming!!
Dark choc is..... less fattening than milk choc!!
Dark choc is..... just cocoa powder!!
Hope the cake gave dear dear and housemates enough endorphine to last through the chilly night in Dundee =)



CHEESE CAKE for Pao Pao (my beloved friend/neighbour)'s 23rd Bday!!!

Me and ally had to secretly (literally) beat the cheese and crush the digestives at 7am in the morning! Afraid of Pao Pao trespassing our side of the kitchen, we did it in such a hurry. In the end, the cheese was under-sweet while the crust is under-buttered. Can I convince myself that this is another guiltfree-factor? OK! Well-convinced!! and then when the baking of the crust gave out such aromatic smell, we had to lie to Pao that the baking belongs to Leah (me and ally's housemate too). Pao Pao actually believed it! *proud*



2 comments:

Brian Lee said...

that cheese cake......i can feel it melting in my mouth......

LiNg@hCmM said...

Tze, it's been nearly a month since u last updated ur blog.. Tell me it's not going to suffer an early death, will ya? XD